43rd Junior, Cadet & 8th U21 European Championships, Limassol, Cyprus, 5-7 Februrary 2016
The Junior EKF Squad will compete in the 43rd Junior, Cadet & 8th U21 European Championships, Limassol, Cyprus, 5-7 Februrary 2016.
A live feed is also available from Sport Data - click here.
Karate Proposed by TOKYO 2020
The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Organising Committee (TOCOG) has proposed to the IOC Karate as an additional sport for these Olympic Games.
The proposal includes the individual KATA categories (male and female) and the individual KUMITE categories (3 male categories and 3 female categories). Click this link for updates http://goo.gl/qGd1l5
Karate into the Olympics 2020
This is the most important vote ever please sign and share this petition for Karate in the olympics
‘The inclusion of Karate to the Olympics gives hopes and dreams to everybody in the karate world and also to the next generation.’
Looking forward to the Tokyo Olympics 2020, Japan Karatedo Federation, in coordination with the WKF, has been making every effort for the inclusion of Karate into the Olympics with the support of Nippon Budo-kan, Japan Budo Association, and the All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Promotion of the Tokyo Olympics 2020, which has been set up with more than 110 members from both Houses of Parliament.
Now we are in the middle of our signature-collecting campaign together with JKF & WKF members and all karate fans.
In order to publicise the overwhelming wave of passionate vocal support for Karate to the Olympics to the world, as well as in Japan, we would like to ask your full support for and cooperation with this online signature-collecting campaign.
Antonio Espinós , WKF President & Takashi Sasagawa, JKF President
BREAKING NEWS The International Paralympic Committee has accepted the World Karate Federation as the 30th Sport discipline within the Paralympic family.
The journey began 8 years ago in Bavaria (Germany) at the occasion of the first “Bavarian Open for Persons with Disabilities”. The then President of the German Olympic Committee (DOSB) and IOC President, Thomas Bach, attended the event, accompanied by WKF President Antonio Espinós.
Since then, the WKF has promoted this event, overseen by the former Chairman for Persons with Disabilities, Wolfgang Weigert. The first demonstration competition was held at the 2012 World Championships in Paris.
he EKF is set-up as a democratically elected body for English Karate to cover the whole spectrum of our martial art and to further develop an understanding administration that listens to the needs of all the many aspects of Karate from Sport to Traditional, from the youngest beginner to the most senior instructor.
The EKF is recognised as the official governing body for English Karate by the British Karate Federation, European Karate Federation and the World Karate Federation.
- Junior Europeans 2016 - Cyprus message from the EKF Board
- 26/01/16 WKF confident of Tokyo 2020 inclusion after IOC visit Paris Open
- To: All COACHES Karate 1 – Premier League Paris, January 22‐24, 2016
- Images from the EKF Kyu Grade Championships January 2016
- 18/01/16 Essex is now part of the Southern Region
- WKF Approved Brands Sport Protections 2016-2019
- Change of date of EKF AGM notification. Please read.
- Karate Proposed by TOKYO 2020
- PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE - Do you have clubs in the Lincolnshire and South Humberside regions? If so read on!!
Website updates 9th February 2016
As the national governing body representing Karate groups in England, the Board of the EKF have been looking at ways to encourage new members to the EKF to enable them to obtain the benefits of affiliation.
Read more »
EKF CRB Service: Please note updated information regarding this service - read more here »
The EKF phone number for general enquiries between 10.00am and 5.00pm is 07717 454 669. Our address is: EKF Ltd, PO Box 4422, Hornchurch RM12 9FD.
Team GB have announced the sports / disciplines and the qualification for BAKU visit the British Karate Federation website for the full news item. Read more here »
EKF Promotional Video
Is your EKF Licence Valid?
Members are reminded that to participate in any EKF event, they must have a current and valid EKF licence.
Due to some abusing the current system, anyone who is unable to produce their licence on request, will be barred from participating in any EKF event including squad training, competitions, referee course, etc.
If you have any doubts about the validity of your licence you are advised to check with your instructor or head of association. Licences are only valid for 12 months, and each carry a unique number.
Check that number, and be sure you are a member, so as not to be disappointed. NO LICENCE MEANS NO PARTICIPATION.
- 14/02/16 National Kumite Open Squad Training, Barnsley
- NEW - EKF Youth Kata Training
- 21/01/16 Kumite Calendar 2016 Updated
- 18/01/16 Essex is now part of the Southern Region
- 27/02/16 Midlands Region Kumite Squad and Open Training
- EKF Kumite Squad Calendar 2016
- 17/12/15 Congratulations to the Kumite Athletes selected for the Junior European Championships 2016
- 14/02/16 Kumite Table Official, Judge, Referee and Coaches Accreditation Course, Barnsley
- 20/02/16 Aiwakai Karate-Do Federation Workshop, Leicester
- 13/03/16 Open Referees course and SQUAD Hitchin
- 15/05/16 Elite/international development Course and SQUAD Barnsley
- 20-22/05/15 Aiwakai Karate-do Federation: Boot camp with Sensei Seiji Nishimura