The EKF is set-up as a democratically elected body for English Karate to cover the whole spectrum of our martial art and to further develop an understanding administration that listens to the needs of all the many aspects of Karate from Sport to Traditional, from the youngest beginner to the most senior instructor.
The EKF is recognised as the official governing body for English Karate by the British Karate Federation, European Karate Federation and the World Karate Federation.
Read more about us »
EKF CRB Service: Please note updated information regarding this service - read more here »
The EKF phone number for general enquiries between 10.00am and 5.00pm is 07717 454 669. Our address is EKF Ltd, PO Box 4422, Hornchurch RM12 9FD.
- Chief Referee's end of the year message
- Referees attending the Junior European Championships in Lisbon Portugal 2014
- The EKF has a new Facebook page
- The Board of the EKF would like to wish the the Junior Squad and staff going to the world championships in Spain the very best of luck and good fortune.
- The President Ticky Donovan O.B.E. and the EKF Board would like to thank ELIDA and BLITZ for all their support and sponsorship of the Junior and Senior EKF Squad.
Website updates 7th December 2013
As the national governing body representing Karate groups in England, the Board of the EKF have been looking at ways to encourage new members to the EKF to enable them to obtain the benefits of affiliation.
Read more »
Is your EKF Licence Valid?
Members are reminded that to participate in any EKF event, they must have a current and valid EKF licence.
Due to some abusing the current system, anyone who is unable to produce their licence on request, will be barred from participating in any EKF event including squad training, competitions, referee course, etc.
If you have any doubts about the validity of your licence you are advised to check with your instructor or head of association. Licences are only valid for 12 months, and each carry a unique number.
Check that number, and be sure you are a member, so as not to be disappointed. NO LICENCE MEANS NO PARTICIPATION.