Karate into the Olympics 2020
This is the most important vote ever please sign and share this petition for Karate in the olympics
‘The inclusion of Karate to the Olympics gives hopes and dreams to everybody in the karate world and also to the next generation.’
Looking forward to the Tokyo Olympics 2020, Japan Karatedo Federation, in coordination with the WKF, has been making every effort for the inclusion of Karate into the Olympics with the support of Nippon Budo-kan, Japan Budo Association, and the All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Promotion of the Tokyo Olympics 2020, which has been set up with more than 110 members from both Houses of Parliament.
Now we are in the middle of our signature-collecting campaign together with JKF & WKF members and all karate fans.
In order to publicise the overwhelming wave of passionate vocal support for Karate to the Olympics to the world, as well as in Japan, we would like to ask your full support for and cooperation with this online signature-collecting campaign.
Antonio Espinós , WKF President & Takashi Sasagawa, JKF President
The EKF is set-up as a democratically elected body for English Karate to cover the whole spectrum of our martial art and to further develop an understanding administration that listens to the needs of all the many aspects of Karate from Sport to Traditional, from the youngest beginner to the most senior instructor. The EKF is recognised as the official governing body for English Karate by the British Karate Federation, European Karate Federation and the World Karate Federation. Read more about us »
- Read latest report on BKF’s Sports Injury Specialist Dave Inman.
- EKF Nationals Medals Table added
- Doug James recognised for his outstanding contribution to the WKF Refereeing Department
- 278 Photos from the EKF Nationals 2015
- Chief Referees Report European Seniors Istanbul March 2015
- Chief Referee's Message re National Championships 2015
- PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE - Do you have clubs in the Lincolnshire and South Humberside regions? If so read on!!
Website updates 27th May 2015
- New Facebook link added - we are now here
- 28/06/15 National Kumite 'A' Squad training only & selections added
- 25/07/15 Open National Kumite Squad training & regional trials added
As the national governing body representing Karate groups in England, the Board of the EKF have been looking at ways to encourage new members to the EKF to enable them to obtain the benefits of affiliation.
Read more »
EKF CRB Service: Please note updated information regarding this service - read more here »
The EKF phone number for general enquiries between 10.00am and 5.00pm is 07717 454 669.
Our address is: EKF Ltd, PO Box 4422, Hornchurch RM12 9FD.
Please note for information that cheques for payment must be made out to English Karate Federation Ltd and not EKF Ltd as the bank will no longer accept abbreviations on cheques.
Team GB have announced the sports / disciplines and the qualification for BAKU visit the British Karate Federation website for the full news item. Read more here »
EKF Promotional Video
Is your EKF Licence Valid?
Members are reminded that to participate in any EKF event, they must have a current and valid EKF licence.
Due to some abusing the current system, anyone who is unable to produce their licence on request, will be barred from participating in any EKF event including squad training, competitions, referee course, etc.
If you have any doubts about the validity of your licence you are advised to check with your instructor or head of association. Licences are only valid for 12 months, and each carry a unique number.
Check that number, and be sure you are a member, so as not to be disappointed. NO LICENCE MEANS NO PARTICIPATION.
- 28/06/15 National Kumite 'A' Squad training only & selections
- 25/07/15 Open National Kumite Squad training & regional trials
- Southern Regional Kumite Training 12/07/15 Ponders End
- 07/06/15 EKF Open Kata Training
- Congratulations to the Junior Kata Squad selected for the Junior World Championships 2015 Indonesia.
- Report: EKF Squad attend 100th Anniversary of Gallipoli event, Turkey 2015
- Midlands Regional Training 31st May, Hitchen