John De Bono LCGI
Chairman and Chief Instructor of NLSK
John has been involved with Karate for 40 years; he is a 6th Dan in Shotokan & 3rd Wado Ryu. He started training in Wado Ryu at the Tonbridge Club in Kings Cross, in 1973 and after a while went to Marshall Street Baths turning his attention towards Shotokan.
He trained in Kyokushinkai, Goju Ryu, Kung Fu and Jujitsu for a short time, whilst trying to find the right style that best suited him. In 1978 he returned to Shotokan and trained under Sensei Charlie Mack in Victoria and Hampstead. In 1983 he joined BASKA, under Michael Dinsdale, where he remained for over 20 years. He was involved with the EKB and a founder member of the EKGB and EKF. He has sat on numerous boards and been Chairman of two karate associations.
As an EKF Board member, he has had two terms as Company Secretary and Sponsor Director. He has also attended World and European Championships to support the squad and has attended several times as HoD
- City & Guilds Licentiateship Senior Award in Training and Development
- Level 4 in Training & Development
- Assessor D32/D33 (A1)
- Lead Internal Verifier D34 (V1)
- Enhanced CRB checked
- Qualified First Aider at Work
- CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
- A•Tect Anger Management Facilitation Coach
- Coaching Award Assessor
- Accredited Level 5 Coach
- ILM Leadership & Management