Apply for Club Membership
- Are you a club current outside the EKF?
- Would you like to join the Premier Governing Body for Karate recognised by the World Karate Federation?
- Would you like to add prestige and credibility to your club?
- Would you like to take advantage of the EKF services such as, National Squads, International competitions at both Kumite and Kata, Coaching programme, Referees programme as well as British and International recognition?
We offer Child Protection and Safe Guarding, CRB checks, Insurance services and much more such as recognition by the World Karate Federation. We can offer a Dan Grading facility via our Technical committee which comprises of some of England's most senior and foremost Karate-ka.
(Please note: Clubs within EKF cannot apply for this within 12 months of leaving their existing Association).
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL new applications for membership must be submitted on our"EKF Application Form" which, upon receipt, will be submitted to the board for consideration. Decisions will normally be made within 30 days or receipt of your application.
Benefits that your Club and the members of your Club can enjoy with the EKF
- Membership and recognition of World, European, British and English Karate Federations
WKF is the only world Karate federation recognised by the Olympic Committee with the BKF recognised by the British Olympic Committee.
- Eligibility to many WKF sanctioned International competitions
Many WKF sanctioned competitions are only available to WKF national federation members, in England this is the EKF.
- Club Courses advertised on EKF website
Generate more interest and exposure with a wider audience.
- Club listing on EKF website
Recognition of Association member status.
- Club ‘Find a Club’ listing on EKF website
Search capability for general public to locate clubs close to their location generating more grass roots participation.
- Eligibility to enter individuals into prestigious Junior and Senior English National Championships
Enter individuals into prestigious English national championships.
- Eligibility to enter individuals into prestigious Junior and Senior British National Championships
Enter individuals into prestigious British national championships.
- Access to National Squad programmes
Open National Squad training sessions held monthly, conducted by Wayne Otto OBE (Kumite) and Jonathan Mottram (Kata).
- Access to National Satellite Training centres
Weekly satellite Kumite training sessions with national or assistant national coaches. Centres strategically placed throughout the country.
- Access to National and International Referee and officials qualification programmes
Organised by WKF and EKF Chief Referee allowing individuals to progress through coaching and refereeing rogrammes up to World level.
- Access to ‘competitive coaching’ courses (learn to coach for competitions) - courses for athlete coaches usually run along side the referee training programmes.
- Access to ‘instructor coaching’ programme
EKF Coaching award programme.
Recognition of grades and abilities
Dan Grades recognised by the Governing Body, often a requirement for many council run premises.
- Access to Dan Grade register
The EKF’s central register of Dan Grades.
- Access to Technical Grading panel
Facility to attain senior Dan Grades where current grading opportunities are restricted, usually for 4th Dan and above.
- Advice, Guidance and Access to Photography Policy and Child Protection template policies
Child Protection policies including photo policy strictly adhered to protecting the EKF’s younger members.
- Advice, Guidance and access to template policies for Risk Management
Risk assessment guidance often a requirement for many council run premises.
- Personal Accident Insurance worldwide cover
Competitive rates secured by the EKF and available as an option to individual registration.
- Instructors Personal Indemnity Insurance
Competitive rates secured by the EKF and available as an option for all instructors.
- Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) checks
EKF is a registered CRB body and offers CRB checks to registered members.
- Openness and transparency
All information available for scrutiny via the EKF website, newsletters, email information, minutes and meetings.
Please send completed applications with your full remittance of £100, made payable to the English Karate Federation Ltd to:
42 Sunnymede Road
If you have any questions prior to application please feel frre to contact us - we are more than happy to answer your questions.
You may also be interested in reading our 'New Members' Pack' which summarises all of the relevant information about the EKF.
- EKF Application Pack & Guide For New Members (Clubs) (PDF)
- EKF Application Pack & Guide For New Members (Clubs) (Word Doc)
Definition of a 'Club'
- 1 recognised sensei, (Min age 21, min grade 1st dan)
- A maximum of 3 dojo's under the 1 sensei (who must be resident in England)
- All 3 dojo's must use the same club name and logo venues within a 15 mile radius
- Must have a minimum of 10 members
- Cannot be members of existing EKF assocaitions
Membership subject to usual checks and provisional membership.
- Membership Payment of £100.00, payable on application, non-refundable.
- License Fees as per standard EKF rate.
- Clubs are offered Provisional CLUB Membership for 12 months then if they are accepted they can become FULL CLUB MEMBERS
EKF Membership Levels
- EKF full association membership
- EKF provisional association membership
- EKF full club membership
- EKF provisional club membership